Mentorship Programme for Young Professionals and Students
- Would you like to have a mentor to support you as a young health professional or student?
- Do you want some practical tips on how to be a caring and conscientious health professional?
- Do you know your lawful obligations should you express freedom of conscience in your workplace?
- Would you like to have the skills to voice your right to conscientious objection while showing empathy towards your patient?
If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes”, then the New Zealand Health Professionals Alliance mentorship programme is for you!
- We can link you to a mentor who will support you in many ways.
- Your mentor will help you to respond to ethical questions around freedom of conscience issues.
- Your mentor will have professional experience in your particular code of practice.
- Your mentor can meet you in person or Skype you.
- You will have the chance to build a lasting friendship.
NZHPA warmly invites you to join its mentor programme.
If you are already a member of the NZHPA, to join the mentorship programme please click here to contact us.
(also select this option if you wish to join the mentorship programme without joining the NZHPA)
Become a Mentor
- Are you an experienced health professional who practices with excellence and with a clear conscience?
- Have you ever had to tell your colleagues or patients that you would not do something at work because to do so would offend your conscience?
- Are you willing to share your experiences with younger health professionals and students?
- Can you share your strategies about witnessing to conscientious objection while being fully present and professional towards your patients?
If the answer to these questions is ‘Yes’ then NZHPA needs you! You are invited to become an NZHPA mentor. You can support younger health professionals in their understanding of freedom of conscience and ethical practice.
If you are already a member of the NZHPA, to become a mentor please click here to contact us.